Standing Committees and Zone Representatives
Standing Committees & Zone Representatives – 2017-2019
The Football West Zone Representatives and Standing Committee Delegates are listed below.
- Metropolitan North – Cara Bensky & Graeme Marinkovich
- Metropolitan South – Rob Mackay & Craig Tamlin
- Metropolitan East – Campbell Ballantyne & Phil Kelly
- Metropolitan Central – Esther Cheim
- Peel – Jim Webb
- Mid West – Giovanni Sciuto
- South West – Simone Darnell
State League Standing Committee
- Maurice Oteri (Chair)
- Phil Kelly
- Campbell Ballantyne
- Peter Dearlove
- Tony Stewart
- Paula Mammone
- Hans Meyer
- Dave Kindness
Referees Standing Committee
- Sam Musca (Chair)
- Brian Rooney
- Jarrad Sharman
- Paul Planken
- Dave Shanks
- Giuliano Cantoni
The following standing committees did not receive a minimum of 6 nominations as required under the provisions of the By-Laws in order to form a committee. The persons listed have been elected to a position on each committee, but the committee must gain further members in order to operate officially.
Women’s Standing Committee
- Conrad Mckelvie (Chair)
- Tracey Wheeler
- Peta van Heurck
- Matt Burnie
- Emily Twigger
- Tim Hodgson
- Lynda Woodfin
- Ann Gourley
Amateur, Social & Masters Standing Committee
- Jack Monaco (Chair)
- Gary Morrell
- Rob Mackay
- David Palin
- Shaun Little
- Graeme Marinkovich
- Mark Reid
- Caesar Aquino
- Denis Cleary
- Andrew Whalley
Junior Standing Committee
- Sam Watkins (Chair)
- Anna Lane
- John Talbert
- Cade Taylor
- Kerry Slater
- Jenny Rossi
NPL Standing Committee
- Peter Koulizos (Chair)
- Mark Watts
- Gabby Valentini
- Heidi Lazzaro
- Steve Amphlett
- Harry Barbas
- Sean Cross
- Rudy Proctor
- Jacob Burns
- Gary Marocchi
- Derek Harnwell
- Cane Spaseski
- Rob Clements
The Coaches Standing Committee currently has 5 delegates and requires 1 more to become an officially constituted committee. Two applications are to be presented to the Board on 31 October. The Futsal Standing Committee has no delegates currently.
There are a number of Zone Representative and Standing Committee Delegate positions that remain vacant:
- Kimberley/Pilbara Zone Representative;
- Wheatbelt/Goldfields Zone Representative;
- Great Southern Zone Representative;
- State League Standing Committee;
- Referees Standing Committee;
- Women’s Standing Committee;
- Junior Standing Committee;
- Coaches Standing Committee; and
- Futsal Standing Committee.
It is not too late to volunteer to join this important group of people that shapes the way football is played in Western Australia. The roles of each group are described in the following paragraphs.
The Role of Zone Representatives
Zone Representatives play an important role in football’s administration by liaising with club officials and providing feedback to Football West. Zone Representatives:
- Uphold and promote the objectives of Football West;
- Are invited to become members of the company and attend General Meetings of Football West;
- Facilitate the implementation of Football West and FFA policy, programs and initiatives; and
- Act as a conduit for the flow of information and issues of relevance from Football West to the clubs and from the clubs to Football West.
Zone Representatives are committed to working with Football West, Standing Committees and Clubs on matters of significance affecting football.
The Role of Standing Committees
Standing Committees are established to advise the Football West Board and Chief Executive Officer on matters relating to the particular are of football for which they have been established.
In addition, the Board or CEO may refer any matters relating to the competition to the Standing Committee for consideration and request that the Committee provide an opinion to the Board or CEO as appropriate on the matter referred.
Like Zone Representatives, Standing Committees are committed to working with Football West, and Clubs on matters of significance affecting their particular area of the game.
If you would like to join as a Zone Representative or any of the Standing Committees, please complete one of the application forms below. Please follow the instructions on the Application Form to lodge your application. Applications received will be presented to the Board for consideration and approval.
Football West By-Laws
Terms of Reference
Standing Committee Terms of Reference – Coming Soon.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Company Secretary Keith Wood on 6181 0715 or 0400 717 110 or via email at email@example.com.