Summer All-Abilities Futsal
Summer All-Abilities Futsal has returned in 2018 due to popular demand with game and skill sessions each Sunday and Thursday in two locations; Pro Futsal in Bibra Lake and Kalamunda United Football Club in Maida Vale.
It unites players in an inclusive format with thrills, goals and friendship. With support of WA Blind Sports Federation, games are played with an audible ball which is also available to players during skill training.
People who can expect to enjoy Summer All-Abilities Futsal include those:
- Aged 11 and older
- With or without competitive disadvantages (including physical, sensory, intellectual disability, etc)
- Who can play better with a ball they can hear in motion
- Wanting to play and learn at their own pace without high pressure
- Beginning or making a comeback
- Who want to prepare for pathways in the game, especially Special Olympics, Paralympic and Vision Impaired
- Who can spare a couple of hours to make friends in a team environment
Between January and April 2018 three venues in metropolitan Perth will host futsal sessions with a discounted fee thanks to the support of Disabilities Services Commission WA and Pro Futsal.
In 2017 the summer program concluded with nearly 70 players of a wide range of ability levels having discovering and played the game with most going on to participate in other community level sport. A healthier and active lifestyle is within reach with Summer All-Abilities Futsal.