Equal Footingball Division
Equal Footingball Divisions: Inclusive competitions catering for 9-year-olds to adults
If you have vision impairment or difficulty navigating this page, please phone 0410 659 422 for more information.
- EFD 2020 commencement delayed for contagion containment; see media release.
- Participants with a Health Care Card can be eligible for up to $150 off fees thanks to Kidsport.
- NDIS recipients should also consider setting up a plan for an active lifestyle with sporting pathway and development goals.
- United Reds League to commence in 2020 covering ages 8 to 12 with Inclusion Solutions progressing this program.
- Congratulations Emily Casella of Tuart Hill JSC on winning the 2019 Disabilities in Football Award (David Cantoni Medal)
Why Equal Footingball Division exists: Football West’s vision is to make the game accessible and a great experience for all! The competition allows community members to fully participate in club activities and experience the game as others do.
From the 2018 program survey, responses indicated 90% satisfaction.
How it works:
Equal Footingball Division is safe space.
Participating clubs provide fun and inclusive training and small-sided games each winter competition season.
People from age 9 who would find it difficult to play a large pitch game at full speed can learn skills, grow confidence and develop teamwork at their own pace.
Three different tailored playing levels help many players with competitive disadvantages, including disabilities, to discover and enjoy the game at a comfortable level.
It is generally a once-weekly commitment between April and September with breaks for school holidays and long weekends. Some clubs organise additional training.
The rules, which are used by other club teams each weekend, are similar to the international Special Olympics and 7-a-side CP formats.
Players are constantly encouraged to set goals and aim to always improve.
Some of the more common targets are:
- Score a goal
- Make new friends
- Be able to take on and beat other players
- Win a championship with my club team
- Join the growing number of current EFD players who have represented Western Australia in Paralympic and Special Olympics national games and have represented Australia at international level
- Advance from Equal Footingball Division into other levels of the game
- Win the prestigious Disabilities in Football Award (David Cantoni Medal)
The levels on offer are:
Division Three: ages 9+ with emphasis on fun and learning for beginners and players improving skill, speed and agility.
Division Two: age 12+ with an emphasis on experienced players improving skill, game awareness and physical capability at their own pace
Division One: age 14+ for the most advanced players, especially those seeking to represent their state or country and progress into stronger levels of competition
- Players need to be able to move unassisted around a small pitch, with concession for walking aids.
- Insurance considerations may differ for injuries players have previously suffered.
|Cockburn City Soccer Club||Beale Park, Spearwood||Sue Minutillo||0413 562 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kalamunda United FC||Maida Vale Reserve, Maida Vale||Craig McCarthy||0412 702 email@example.com|
|Lynwood United Football Club||Hossack Reserve, Parkwood||Kym James||0403 796 firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com|
|Peel RFC (independent regional program)||Bortolo Park , Greenfields||Belinda Oldfieldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tuart Hill Junior SC||Woodchester Reserve, Nollamara||Angie Belfiore||0416 267 email@example.com|
|Western Knights Soccer Club||Davis Oval, Mosman Park||Helen Cairns||0421 328 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Whitford City FC||Warrandyte Park, Craigie||David Jackson||0431 317 email@example.com|
We are also taking expressions of interest from players for other areas.
2020 Division One & Two Results
2019 Division One & Two Ladders
I scored a goal in 2020!
Resources and Related Information:
Football West’s Inclusive Development Program is proudly sponsored by Healthway, promoting the Smarter than Smoking Message, atWork Australia and Crystalise.